The position for NDT Tester in Dundee is no longer available
We are currently looking for an NDT Tester to join our existing team based in Dundee.
Duties & Tasks:
* Direct the work of non-destructive testing
* Visually examine materials, structures and components using tools and equipment such as endoscopes, closed circuit TV, fibre optics - for signs of corrosion, metal fatigue, cracks or other flaws
* Produce images of objects using radiographic techniques
* Evaluate material properties using voltage and amperage measurements
* Interpret or evaluate test results in accordance with applicable codes, standards, specification or procedures
* Identify defects in solid material using ultrasonic testing techniques
* Operate equipment used in non-destructive testing of products and materials
* Conduct liquid penetrant tests to locate surface cracks by coating objects with fluorescent dyes, cleaning excess penetrant and applying developer
* Prepare reports of NDT results
* Interpret results of all methods of non-destructive testing such as acoustic emission, electromagnetic, leak liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, neutron radiographic, thermal or infrared, ultrasonic, vibration analysis and visual testing
* The ability to see at close range
* The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
This role requires a working knowledge and experience of BS EN 4179/PCN Aerospace Level II Inspection as standard.
Apply now by sending your CV or calling Adecco Dundee on 01382 225436