The position for Project Engineer Oil & Gas in Milford Haven is no longer available
Project Engineer Oil & Gas
This position is with a major player within the UK energy sector, we are seeking a PROJECT ENGINEER to join them for a 2 year fixed term contract initially. The Project Engineer performs a variety of engineering and administrative functions in order to support the Engineering Department in delivering:
• A range of support services associated with cost control, planning, and estimating.
• Strong participation in providing capital value assurance.
• Responsibility for the implementation of allocated CAPEX and OPEX investment projects.
The role has a direct impact on many intellectual properties and diverse Company activities that are required to comply with regulatory obligations, to protect the interests of the Company and its stakeholders. The post holder will be a strategic focal point for future investments and continuous improvement efforts.
• Take ownership of the Documental Control systems and be responsible for the day to day administration of the systems and associated team personnel.
• Take ownership of the management of Change system and database for the Company.
• Establish and maintain a cost control database for all procurement, CAPEX and OPEX investments undertaken by the Department.
• Act as the single point of contact with the Procurement Department for the processing and progress chasing of Engineering Department Purchase Requisitions, Orders and Contracts.
• Produce and maintain a database and forward plan of all contracts for which Engineering is responsible and proactively monitor and progress contract renewals, extensions and change orders. Ensure no retrospective approvals are required and where appropriate, smooth contract transitions are achieved.
• Be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of Engineering Department Investment and Capital Value Procedures
• Act as the single point contact for all day to day communications with the Term Services Contractor and be responsible for appropriate document control, Service Request co-ordination and Service Order preparation.
• Maintain a cost and planning database of all Service Requests and Service Orders utilising where efficient and no conflict of interest exists, information prepared by the Term Services Contractor.
• Act as the interface contact for all Service Requests including those received from other department personnel.
• Produce, maintain and periodically collate information for the production of a suite of monthly, quarterly and annual reports on costs, progress and Departmental activities, including Term Services, which are available for Service Order requesters and management use as appropriate.
• Participate in the establishment, maintain relevant databases and produce reports on Departmental and Term Services Key Performance Indicators.
• Act as the single point contact for the Department in all administrative support functions including office accommodation, furniture, IT, radios and transport.
• Participate in or facilitate Capital Value Processes where trained to do so.
• Take ownership of the computerised plant model and ensure appropriate updating of databases and the model to reflect MOC changes, CAPEX and OPEX investment activities
• Review and establish in conjunction with IT Department as appropriate any software systems and training which provides ease and efficiently in data capture, retrieval and use.
• Produce documentation as dictated by investment procedures for the staged approval of investment opportunities.
• Prepare consolidated technical documentation, estimates and plans/schedules for investment opportunities and Board approval
• BEng in major engineering discipline or equivalent e.g. NQF Level 6/7
• Professional Engineer status.
• Extensive, broad relevant process, mechanical, project engineering and/or project services experience in the oil and gas industry.
• Experience in the preparation and implementation of consultant, design, construction and material supply contracts.
• Knowledge and experience of all facets of the implementation of engineering investment projects from conception through to completion.
• IT literate and fully conversant with Microsoft Office suite and in particular Microsoft Project.
• Knowledge of SAP an advantage.
• Knowledge or experience of industry typical Capital Value and Safety Assurance Processes an advantage.
• Ability to work in a Team as both a leader and player and open to new ideas.