The position for Junior Construction Co-ordinator - Crossrail in City of London is no longer available
Junior Construction Co-ordinator - Crossrail
This position would suit an indivdual who has 2-3 years experience out of University
1. Purpose of the Job
To support the Employer in: assisting the Field Engineering Manager in checking Contractor compliance with the Delivery Quality Plan; providing a link from Construction and Field Engineering to other project departments, particularly Engineering; acting as Construction Training Coordinator
2. Principal Accountabilities
Support the Employer in relation to the following:
* Performing the duties of direct staff assistant to the Field Engineering Manager / Area Construction Manager and functioning as the liaison between office entities and field construction .
* Coordinating and acting as a Super-User for Construction Automation tools, including the provision of some training to project and stakeholder staff
* Working with IT to ensure Construction Automation Tools meet the needs of the group.
* Managing the Construction Automation Lead (where assigned).
* Managing the Construction Training programme, monitoring compliance with mandatory training requirements and initiating corrective actions where required.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Target Zero principles.
* Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
* Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk
3. Main challenges of the job
* Consistency of procedures against each other.
* The dissemination of information throughout the Construction Teams
* The implementation of procedures projectwide.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
* Internal and external training organisations.
* Quality, construction and engineering
* Internal and external IT
5. Person Specification
* Previous exposure to construction automation tools.
* Experience of configuration control procedures.
* Degree qualified in engineering/construction related field or equivalent experience.