The position for Assistant Project Engineer - Logistics in Derby is no longer available
Assistant Project Engineer - Logistics
Graduates – (Engineering or Logistics)
Assistant Project Engineer
Graduate, Distribution Centre, Logistics, Projects, Supply Chain, Warehouse Management System, WMS, Implementation, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Burton, Stoke on Trent, Tamworth, East Midlands
With a brand-new, state-of-the-art National Distribution Centre going live in 2013 we require a Graduate Engineer for a successful career path in an Automated Warehouse / National Distribution Centre environment working for a leading high street retailer to work alongside Logistics Project managers.
Supporting and assisting the delivery of MHE Systems
Supporting the Logistics Manager with the Testing & Integration of MHE Systems
Co-ordinate testing of specific functional areas as directed by the Logistics Manager
Monitor, liaise and report on the performance of the MHE systems highlighting potential opportunities for future developments and process improvements.
To support the Go-live of the DC and hand over to the Operational Team
You will have a Logistics, Engineering or Analytical Degree and you will be mentored and coached in your career development, the speed of development will be down to the individual for example year 1 Assistant Project Engineer, Year 2 Project Engineer, Year 3 Logistics Project Manager.
Previous experience, in Distribution or having a Logistics background will be beneficial to this application.
Salary: £18- £25k
Location: Castle Donington
• Deliver on assignments as directed by the Logistics Manager
• Undertake testing on behalf of the Logistics Manager, report progress and escalate issues as necessary with consideration for resolutions.
• Minute project update meetings and circulate actions
• Administer & Co-ordinate Work Stream programme.
• Partner with the Operations team in order to support their Standard Operating Procedures including undertaking the preparation of training materials for the End User.
• Become a subject matter expert in your functional workstream in order to support the Testing & Operations Management team
• Provide project level progress updates to the Logistics Manager and wider Capital & Infrastructure team
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with the professional team, suppliers and end users
For further information or a full job description please apply.
Cordius are celebrating 25 years of successful recruitment within IT, Technical and Engineering disciplines, our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates