The position for Supplies & Materials Lead in North East Lancashire is no longer available
Supplies & Materials Lead
JP Recruit is currently working on behalf of a prestigious private hospital in the North East Lancashire area, which currently has a vacancy for a Supplies & Materials Lead.
Within this varied, multi-tasking role, the post-holder will assume responsibility for establishing and managing a new Supplies and Materials Department within the hospital, ensuring the department provides an efficient and effective service to all hospital users at all times.
Working a 37.5 hour week (predominantly Monday – Friday, but with flexibility required), responsibilities will include:
• Initially working as only employee within department to establish, develop and improve the materials and supplies service offered within the hospital.
• Order, receipt and distribution of all non-medical goods inwards
• Warehouse documenting & coding of goods
• Maintaining adequate levels of stock at all times
• Regular stock-takes
• Effective negotiation with suppliers to procure beneficial price to the hospital
• Ensuring purchase orders are processed through the hospitals’ networked computer stock systems
• Internal liaison with finance in relation to invoicing queries
Applicants should be financially-astute, forward thinking individuals with previous supervisory experience, as the role will in time encompass management of a small departmental team.
Additionally, a minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a computerised supplies environment is essential, as are first class communication skills, a good standard of I.T. literacy and attention to detail skills.
Previous experience of working within a healthcare environment would also be advantageous, though is by no means essential.
A competitive salary (up to £18k p.a., negotiable depending on experience) and excellent benefits, including pension and private health insurance, await the successful applicant.
For further details, please contact JP Recruit on tel. 0844 357 1157.
Alternatively, to apply on-line, please click on the link provided.