The position for Classroom assistants required ASAP in East Sussex is no longer available
Classroom assistants required ASAP
Following a successful start to the academic year. Supply Desk are currently looking to recruit a number of Classroom Assistants to start in the new year on a number of day to day and long term positions.
A key role for Classroom Assistants is to help raise educational standards in the classroom, by providing support for the pupils, the teacher and the school.
Day-to-day tasks could include:
- planning, delivering and evaluating teaching and learning activities
- preparing the classroom for lessons
- helping pupils who need extra support to complete tasks, individually and in groups
- observing pupil performance and reporting on observations to the teacher
- supervising art and craft activities and displaying work
- looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- playing educational games with children and encouraging younger children to learn through play
- setting up information and communication technology (ICT) resources and supporting teaching and learning through the use of ICT
- listening to pupils read, reading to them, or telling them stories
- helping with outings and sports events, and
- carrying out routine administrative tasks
There are no set requirements to become a Classroom Assistant, however we require at least 6 weeks classroom based experience along with an understanding of English and Maths to support Literacy and Numeracy.
To apply for this role please send your full CV and cover letter to (url removed) or Ryan (url removed) Only full applications will be considered.
Supply Desk is an employment agency and employment business and advertises all registered vacancies, having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.