The position for Head of Education in Wingrave is no longer available
Head of Education
Head of Education
L8-L12* (negotiable for exceptional candidates).
MacIntyre School Wingrave is a vibrant 52 week residential special school situated in the village of Wingrave, Buckinghamshire. Every student is provided with an individual programme of learning which is focused on practical activities and is designed to make the most of their potential.
With a person-centred curriculum that promotes progression and independence, and with a planned approach to transition, Wingrave School is committed to a learning experience that fully prepares each child and young person for their adult life.
We are looking for a Head of Education who has imagination, perseverance, strength and commitment to continue to develop this highly dynamic and innovative school.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of leading and managing Special Educational Needs provision in a mainstream or special school setting.
• Be a successful middle or senior leader with a track record of successfully .leading and managing a team at a time of change.
• Have the ability to think strategically and innovatively.
• Be committed to raising aspirations and achievement and have the ability to develop the skills of colleagues.
• Understand the needs of individual learners and a variety of approaches that can be employed to respond to individual needs, learning styles and special educational needs.
• Demonstrate proven skills that motivate and inspire staff to achieve their highest standards.
• Be an outstanding teacher.
• Have energy and a positive approach to challenges.
To arrange a visit please contact Ann Bailey on 01296 681274
For an application pack contact recruitment on.
School visits: 8th/9th May 2012
Closing Date: 16th May 2012
Interview Date: 24th May 2012
For more information about the position contact the Head Teacher Annemari Ottridge at the school.
MacIntyre School Wingrave is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Such posts will require an enhanced CRB disclosure check and references will be taken up prior to interview.
You will be recognised and valued for you contribution with benefits and access to the teachers pension scheme.