The position for Design Verifier (Rail/Signalling Design) in Cheshire is no longer available
Design Verifier (Rail/Signalling Design)
Design Verifier - Rail Industry - signalling design - design production techniques for Signalling Systems - IRSE Licence holder as Principal Designer - CAD - signalling circuits - based Crewe - salary £41 - 50K
We are urgently looking for a Design Verifier (Rail) who is an IRSE Licence holder as Principal Designer and who holds an appropriate technical qualifications e.g. ONC/HNC
IT literacy and proficiency in the use of CAD systems is essential as are leadership and motivation and planning and organising skills.
Candidates for the position of Design Verifier (Rail/CAD/IRSE) must be proficient in all categories of signalling design activity and competent in design production techniques and skills for Signalling Systems.
As the leader of a designated Design Team, on behalf of the Signalling Design Manager, the Design Verifier (Rail/CAD) will lead, direct and undertake the independent checking of all plans/diagrams/drawings and documentation produced by the team and plan and organise activities and resources to meet programme deadlines.
Day to day duties of the Design Verifier (Rail/CAD/IRSE) will include:
* Allocating roles, responsibilities and production activities within the design team
* Monitoring the progress of works within the team
* Taking responsibility for the design/checking of signalling schemes for new work and alterations to existing work.
* Assisting with design/checking and production of estimates and programmes of work for proposed work.
* Analysing and interpreting existing signalling circuits.
* Dealing with internal and client technical queries and requests.
* Assisting with testing and commissioning of signalling
* Providing technical leadership and guidance within the team
* Acting as a mentor to individuals undergoing the Competency Certification arrangements.
The Design Verifier (signalling design) may be required to work away from home.
All new entrants will be subject to a PTS medical and Drug & Alcohol screening
OTJ specialises in engineering and engineering related positions. We are currently looking for Project Managers and Engineers, designers, draughts people, Mechanical, electrical and Electronics Design engineers and draughts people, service engineers, sales engineers, avionics engineers and buyers
All candidates should have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK
This vacancy is advertised by Otj Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised are those of an employment agency