The position for Process Engineer in Basingstoke is no longer available
£20 - £25 per hour dependant on experience
My client are a successful manufacturing company in Basingstoke and they are seeking a Process Engineer to join their team on a contract basis to provide process engineering support for the R&D and manufacturing departments.
• Provide Process Engineering support to the R&D department to aid the development of new products using the NPI process and write process instructions for new processes.
• Provide Process Engineering development and production support to the assembly manufacturing area by developing manufacturing processes, procedures, tooling and equipment for production.
• Rewriting update process specifications for existing products.
• Promote the use of lean production techniques within the manufacturing areas, able to identify and minimise non-value add processes.
• Carry out COSHH assessments for any new chemicals introduced.
• Act as technical authority providing assistance to R&D, Logistics and Sales.
• Leads project teams, providing project plans ensuring all tasks are executed on schedule and within predefined cost constraints
• Fully support company EHS and ISO14001/9001 programmes, taking an active role in maintaining on-going accreditation.
Skills/ Experience required:
• Previous experience in a Process Engineering role is essential.
• Candidates are required to have soldering experience including Wires and Terminals and Through Hole soldering techniques.
• Experience of the manufacture of basic test leads and test boxes.
• Experience in the operation of RF Network Analyser is desirable
• Experienced in mechanical assembly techniques, connector and harness manufacturing experience is desirable
• Degree in Electro / Mechanical Engineering or HND or equivalent qualification.