The position for Principal FPGA Engineer in Rochester is no longer available
Principal FPGA Engineer
Principal FPGA Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Principal FPGA Engineer to join a dedicated expert team who are responsible for the design and verification of digital electronic solutions. The role will focus on Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) and Programmable Logic Devices (PLDs). This is an exciting opportunity to work on our range of leading-edge mission computers, displays and flight control products.
As the Principal FPGA Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Providing technical excellence and leadership in the development and delivery of all aspects of digital designs with a focus on PLD / FPGA development from requirements development, concept and detailed design, coding, synthesis and through to complete verification
- Understanding and managing lateral design impacts and promoting total system design
- Manual and Model based design and coding approaches for PLD / FPGAs - Model Based would be an advantage
- Managing tasks within schedules and budgets to meet programme needs
- Delivery of design artefacts in support of RTCA/DO-254 certification
As the principal FPGA Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Working knowledge of design for high integrity systems - RTCA/DO-254 would be an advantage
- Experience of digital embedded systems development lifecycle
- Cost, schedule and EV Management would be an advantage
- Mentor Graphics Tool set to include ModelSim
- Vendor specific tools - Actel, Xilinx
- Working knowledge of Matlab and Simulink would be an advantage
What we're looking for in you
- We are looking for candidates with an innovative approach to design, forward thinking and able to successfully manage their own work as well as that of a small team. Good communication skills are imperative as is the ability to inspire others.
We support a range of commercial and military platforms, including fixed and rotary wing aircraft, ground vehicles, human-machine interfaces and power management. Our systems operate in more than 100 countries with 25 air forces, 30 manufacturers and 280 airlines. Around 1,500 professionals work here, all focused on delivering innovation and outstanding customer responsiveness. We are a rapidly growing and successful part of one of the world's leading defence, security and aerospace companies.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.