The position for ICT Technician in Peacehaven is no longer available
· To install and configure all site ICT systems including hardware, software, wireless access and infrastructure. Maintain those ICT systems ensuring network security, viability and performance while being sympathetic to teaching and learning requirements i.e. access times and prioritisation.
· Be aware of sector specifications and develop the clients site infrastructure while utilising best practice from both the client and sector specific sources and when required advise the client of how those IT systems may be implemented or improved upon.
· Establish and manage a preventative maintenance program to ensure the cleanliness and operation status of all IT, Media and infrastructure and ensure correct up to date documentation on areas completed. Monitor network traffic to ensure internet connectivity and identify infrastructure bottlenecks.
· To manage job requests via the electronic helpdesk, telephone and email. Produce operation reports on matters on maintenance, system stability and operational availability.
· Liaise with the Line Manager to ensure site audit information is up to date and well maintained with software licence use, equipment serial and location information and that all school purchased equipment is also identified within the audit process. Produce and ensure that all site documentation is kept up to date and secure i.e. user passwords, inventories and licence agreements.
· Ensure the approved backup strategy is adhered to and update the site diary of the backup status and verification.
· To support the end user by providing a friendly supportive avenue for users to communicate ICT concerns and be available for questions should they arise, escalating to Senior ICT Support Technicians if required. In addition provide guidance notes on new systems and ensure that all new users are given a welcome pack introducing them to the network, how they can access and best use the resources that are available i.e. electronic helpdesk, email and internet access.
· Provide 1st line support to the schools SIMS database and escalate to Senior ICT Support Technicians or SIMS Support when necessary and take responsibility for schools external services ie. Email.
· Comply with client and their Security, Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental procedures including COSHH and other relevant codes of practice.
· To undertake such duties and tasks appropriate to the scope of services as directed by the ICT Systems Manager, Senior ICT Support Technicians or other designated Managers applying the Technical guidance and management from the Regional IT Department.
The above job description sets out the main responsibilities of an ICT Technician. These may vary from time to time to ensure the Company delivers a flexible approach to ICT support at the schools. The need for a mature, flexible, customer focused attitude is vital to the efficient operation of the schools ICT systems.
Qualifications and Experience:
As this position is very much "front line" previous experience within a similar role would be beneficial however previous experience within the IT Support environment would also be considered. Educational background would be a distinct advantage.
· Trade Qualifications and level.
Industry Qualified i.e MCP & CCNA preferable but not essential dependent on proven experience.
· Academic requirements
4 GCSE's Grade C or above to include English and Maths
· Level of skills required
Windows Server System Administration
· Interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
As this is a school environment extra care must be taken in how you present yourself verbally and non-verbally. A high level of communication skills and the ability to convey yourself in a clear professional manor is of high importance. The building of long-term effective relationships is important in order to ensure smooth operation while still being aware of a commercial focus and service level goals.
This position does come with a high level of responsibilities therefore a highly motivated person with good organisational skills would be preferable
A flexible approach to tight deadlines and the ability to function well under pressure is also essential.
· Valid full driving licence
As the position has some level of local multi site travel, a valid UK driving licence is also required
All staff are subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check before starting work and will not be employed if a
subsequent check reveals something that would render them unsuitable for the position.
Comply at all times to the client's PPE Mandate
The IT team is not centrally based but a healthy approach to working within a team is encouraged as is regular visits to other sites within the local area in order to share skills and offer support as and when required.
25 days holiday