The position for FRAMEWORK ENGINEER - C / C++ / MEDIA FRAMEWORKS / ANDROID in STAINES, MIDDLESEX is no longer available
FRAMEWORK ENGINEER - C / C++ / MEDIA FRAMEWORKS / ANDROID
MEDIA FRAMEWORK ENGINEER
BASED IN STAINES, MIDDLESEX
GREAT COMPANY & PROSPECTS
My client is looking for a passionate and dedicated Media Framework Engineer who wishes to join a credible team who are part of a substantial digital media organisation. They have more than 20 years of experience and are always looking for innovative and technology pushing ideas to ensure they stay the market leaders
You will be working in a small team, developing the media framework to support audio / video, playback / capture, on media processors, under Android and Linux.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Developing proprietary media framework to add value beyond the core Android functionality.
• Implementing media network protocols, video conferencing engines, media containers, handling A/V synch, interfacing to a range of codecs, supporting trick playback features, etc.
• Providing feedback to the chip architecture team to aid improvements in design
In order to succeed in this role it is essential that you have the following skills and experience
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Excellent current 'C' and 'C++' programming.
• Experience of working with media frameworks.
• Strong debugging / fault finding skills.
• Experience of writing assembler for processor arrays and/or VLIW processors.
• Preferably a Software or Electronic Engineering Degree or equivalent (i.e. a Maths or Physics degree where the candidate has understanding of, or interest in, complex hardware systems).
Basic to £45K + pension scheme, private health scheme, and life assurance