The position for Infrastructure & Desktop Support Analyst in London is no longer available
Infrastructure & Desktop Support Analyst
An excellent position has arisen for an Infrastructure & Desktop Support Analyst. This fantastic national brand who specialise in removals and storage is seeking an Infrastructure & Desktop Support Analyst to join its IT team at its Neasden Head Office.
The purpose of the role is to supervise and provide first and second level support to end user workstations for all computer, communication and server systems within the company. You will also manage and maintain the IT infrastructure (network, servers, telecoms, hardware and software).
• Manage the centralised helpdesk system, ensuring all issues are logged and correctly allocated
• Track all issues to resolution and ensure callers are kept updated on progress and expected time to resolution
• Provide first line support to callers by investigating the problem, determining the cause and either resolving or identifying next steps
• Provide second line support to callers by investigating complex problems and either developing and implementing solutions or escalating the issue to third level support
• Provide advice to users on system functionality, applications and appropriate use
• Install new hardware, software and communications equipment
• Manage and maintain the back-up server and systems, ensuring daily and weekly back-ups are completed successfully and stored securely
• Report any back-up errors, data security or system security concerns to the IT Manager
• Attend the data centre and perform necessary tasks such as importing and exporting back-up tapes
• Run monthly reports and processes as required
• Participate in projects as and when required
ANY OTHER DUTIES:
• Out of hours working may be required
• Moderate lifting and carrying may be required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Relevant technical knowledge
• Demonstrates a professional manner when dealing with others
• Strong customer care focus with ability to communicate effectively with callers
• Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical stakeholders can understand
• Ability to analyse situations and determine innovative but practical solutions to problems
• Logical, structured and organised with the ability to effectively prioritise and make judgements
• Ability to constructively work with others in order to provide the best possible service
Your must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
Applications will only be considered if we are provided with a full CV detailing your recent work experience in a similar capacity with dates of employment and ensure your contact numbers and residential address details are on your CV.