The position for Network / Virtualisation (VMWare) Engineer in Cheshire is no longer available
Network / Virtualisation (VMWare) Engineer
Title: Network / Virtualisation Engineer
Reports to: Technical Director
As Network Engineer , you'll be responsible for providing site based and remote support to the client base of an award winning IT & Network Services Consultancy.
Due to the nature of this role, and the focus on virtualisation, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will have: approximately 3 years VMWare / virtualisation experience and high end Network Support skills gained in an Enterprise Network environment.
Duties: (Not exhaustive)
* Maintain and support company's LAN/WAN environment
* Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems
* Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
* Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support
* Meet support SLA's
* Windows and VM Ware systems, business applications, anti-virus protection, email, and authentication administration.
* Daily maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches and software upgrades, and routine hardware configuration.
* Participate in IT helpdesk rotation
* Obtain and maintain required certifications for partnership with key vendors
* Reading & keeping up to date with Business Objectives discussed during monthly company meetings and issued thereafter.
Hours and Environment
Office hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm. Your job may also involve travelling to visit clients and attending corporate entertainment events.
You'll generally have an office base, although you will be required to visit a customer sites throughout the region.