The position for Oracle DBA / Oracle Database Administrator in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England is no longer available
Oracle DBA / Oracle Database Administrator
My client, a market leader in their field, has an urgent requirement for an experienced Oracle DBA / Oracle Database Administrator on an initial 3 month contract basis. You will be working as part of an exciting and rapidly growing organisation. This position has arisen due to a new project that has been put in place.
The successful candidate will be holding extensive experience in building Oracle Databases / Environments along with day-to-day Administration and will be used to working in a fast-paced office atmosphere. You will be working amongst a closely knit team in a friendly environment and will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Oracle system design
- Production and development system maintenance
- Database security
- Process definition and documentation.
- Resolvement of production problems.
It is absolutely essential that you are holding extensive experience of working within a similar position and your technical skill set will include the following:
- 2 - 5 years strong experience of working in an Oracle DBA position which required the overall building and managing of an Oracle environment.
- Confident working with SQL
- Comfortable working in a Unix/Linux based environment.
- A general exposure to basic networking protocols and network security.
Please note that it is vital for the applicant to be coming from a background of building/setting up Oracle environments from scratch. Candidates who do not have this relevant experience will unfortunately not be considered for this position.
This is an URGENT requirement. Suitable candidates should forward their CV's immediately for consideration.
Oracle DBA, Oracle Database Administrator, Linux, Unix, SQL