The position for Business Analyst/Systems Developer in Cheshire is no longer available
Business Analyst/Systems Developer
A new vacancy has arisen within our clients Technical Services team.
This is a role for a Business Analyst/Systems Developer/Programmer, sitting within their BPR (Business Process Re-engineering) team of 4 who report to the BPR Manager.
The team is part of the Technical Services arm of the Customer Care & Technical Services function.
We are looking for someone who has a good background in programming, and is conversant with the latest development technologies (web development such as ASP Classic, ASP.Net, My SQL - including programming, VBScript, Java, CSS and HTML).
In addition, the suitable candidate would have good problem solving skills, and be strong in researching and project management.
The role would suit a graduate (ideally in Computer Science) with 2-3 years of professional, post-graduation experience in a similar role, or alternatively, a non-graduate who can demonstrate equivalent professional experience.
JOB TITLE: Business Analyst / Systems Developer
1. Analyse business processes through interview and face to face discussions with both management and staff and liaising with colleagues in Central Headquarters in Turin.
2. Summarise current procedures to identify non value added activities, make informed suggestions for future requirements.
3. Produce thorough specifications (application mock-up) from details gained during these procedures, and explain steps to management and end users and gain full agreement.
4. Work with other departments and third party companies, ensuring the specification is adhered to by suppliers.
5. Develop and utilise MySQL databases.
7. Develop web pages utilising all available resources.
8. Create user friendly interfaces, maintaining communication with the end user throughout development
9. Maintain clean coding for easy administration within the team
10. Test coding and check and correct usability.
11. Implement, inform, train and make appropriate changes with end users
12. Maintain and Support developed systems.
1. Work within a team to maintain and build on current processes and systems in place to work across Europe.
2. Co-administrate internal databases linked to external data warehouse and third party website providers.
3. Create KPI reports and web based information
4. Create and run complex MySQL queries and scripts for day to day management information.
5. Training, instruction and guidance in relation to all related systems and programming, including MySQL.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Expert working knowledge of MySQL and MySQL programming
3. Process and Report automation techniques utilising VBScript, scheduling, Excel VBA and MySQL.
1. Problem solving & efficient Communication
2. Error finding and support techniques
3. General IT knowledge
4. Research Techniques and Project Management
* Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
A practical test on SQL/Visual Studio/ASP.Net and a practical exercise on a PC will be part of the interviewing process.