The position for Employment Lawyer in London is no longer available
Our client is currently recruiting for an Employment Lawyer who can conduct employment litigation on behalf of a variety of Government departments.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
You will be required to undertake a varied caseload in all areas of legal work as required, primarily including:
- Employment based proceedings in tribunals, courts including appellate courts, appeals and tribunals
- Dealing with all aspects of an employment tribunal case including disclosure
- Interviewing witnesses and recording witness statements
- Conducting settlement negotiations with opposing representatives
- Liaising with key Stakeholders as required
- Advice in matters relating to Employment Law
- Advice in matters relating to access to information and data protection (rarely)
You should be a qualified Solicitor or Barrister working in the employment law field preferably with public sector experience,experience; however, this is not essential.
Outputs/ Deliverables to be achieved
* Uses a process of analysis, planning, scheduling, prioritising, action, quality monitoring and review.
* Takes responsibility for own work with substantial degree of autonomy but knowing when to consult and to delegate.
* Displays an understanding of the resourcing requirements of own cases.
* Has up-to-the minute case files readily available.
* Responds to reasonable client requests including agreeing achievable and realistic actions, timescales etc.
* Keeps abreast of legal developments and current thinking on related policy issues.
* Uses training and other methods to refresh and improve their skills and knowledge.
Skills/ Experience Required
* Solid knowledge of Employment law and related concepts
* Experience of litigation strategy
* High standard of legal research across legal databases
* Public sector experience (ideal but not essential)
* Good drafting and written ability
* Excellent communication skills to deal with clients and other parties from a variety of backgrounds
* Excellent time management skills
* Meeting billing targets
Formal Qualifications Required
Essential : Qualified solicitor or Barrister
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.