The position for Shift Supervisor in Wolverhampton is no longer available
We are currently recruiting a Shift Supervisor for our client based in Wolverhampton.
The successful candidate will undertake a variety of activities associated with the manufacturing/production area, to give advice and support to the manufacturing/production work force in all major business activities and any special projects. To (where necessary) assist and give full support to all other areas, when requested / required.
- To ensure all new and existing projects have been recorded and reviewed, through the company?s systems of operation.
- To ensure work allocated through the manufacturing area has been allocated correctly, that sufficient labour is available and to ensure all the requirements and requests are met.
- To act as a `progress chaser' for all work allocations and to report the findings via progress report monitors daily to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Specifying works to be carried out by other areas or organisations, as authorised by the Manufacturing Manager.
- Operating as part of a multi-discipline teams as tasks demand.
- When subcontractors are involved, consulting with them in detailed technical terms at the discretion of the Manufacturing Manager.
- Writing reports, proposals, recommendations to include budgets / targets and progress status reporting weekly to the Manufacturing Manager.
- To give full support to all other areas of manufacturing in any technical discussion(s) that may be required with, outside bodies and or the working practices used on the shop floor within the manufacturing designated areas
- To ensure that the training of all manufacturing personnel at the company and subcontract personnel has been completed in preparation for any on site work to be done and that all necessary documentary reports have been completed.
- Undertake task supervisory duties and leading work teams of multi-disciplined personnel in working the company's practices and procedures.
- Maintaining adequate records of all completed work to satisfy any company and national quality and legal requirements. To ensure that these documents are filed correctly and easily retrievable for review.
- To oversee and ensure that all SHE audits have been completed in line with company procedures, and to ensure that any follow up procedures have been reviewed in a correct and timely manner.
- To help at all times as the `SHE Team Supervisor' within all areas of responsibility and requirements, to ensure the safety of the company is maintained as designated by the Manufacturing / QHS&E Manager and to ensure that all personnel fully comply at all times with the procedures as laid down within the company working practices and procedures.
- To maintain weekly evidence of working hours for all Manufacturing personnel (accept Staff employees) and to fully report (in weekly meetings) all details to the Manufacturing Manager or in his absence the Manufacturing Engineer.
- To organise and review any maintenance requirements for plant and equipment, via and with the assistance of the Manufacturing Engineer.
For further information please contact Sarah Dawson @ Rullion Recruitment on 01946 518915