The position for Assistant Shift Supervisor in Reading is no longer available
Assistant Shift Supervisor
My client based near Reading is looking to recruit an Assistant Shift Supervisor to join their team. This role is shift based so please consider this before applying.
Due to the nature of the business the Production team operates 24 hours per day under a shift system which include bank holidays (apart from Xmas day, boxing day and new years day) Candidates will be required to work 37.5 hours per week in accordance with a shift rota which will be provided to you at least 1 week in advance of any change to your shift pattern.
As the Assistant Shift Supervisor you will be responsible for supervising Trainee Production Assistants, Production Assistants, Senior Production Assistants and Continuous Feed Operators in the absence of the Shift Supervisor. A major focus of the role is to ensure that materials are produced accurately and efficiently to customer specification and following company quality control processes.
Key duties include:
- To deputise for the Shift Supervisor in their absence
- To operate the following equipment, strictly within company quality and health and safety standards and procedures;
2) Binders - Wiro and Comb
3) Paper Punches - Auto and Manual
5) Paper Drills
6) Booklet Makers
7) Saddle Staplers
8) Other print finishing equipment
- To strictly follow company procedure with regard to quality control
- To print manual materials
- Fulfilment and collation of kit components
- To pack and despatch orders
- To assist the Shift Supervisor and Managers in scheduling orders and ensuring targets are met
- To assist the Shift Supervisor and Managers in the training process, ensuring relevant documentation is completed efficiently and accurately
- Monitoring jobs on hold
- Monitoring shift hand-overs
If you wish to apply for this role my client needs a candidate that has supervisory/team leader experience and have come from an manufacturing/print background. You must be able to work to strict health and safety guidelines and have trained/monitored staff previously.
Shift patterns are as below: Shifts currently rotate every week and a generous shift allowance is given for evening and night shifts.
Shift Patterns are:
Day: 7.00 am - 3.00 pm Monday to Thursday and either 7.00am - 3.00pm or 11.00am to 7.00pm Friday
Evening: 3.00 pm - 11.00 pm Sunday to Thursday
Night: 11.00 pm - 7.00 am Sunday to Thursday
The salary for this role is £19,282 plus £3856 shift allowance for evening and night shifts