The position for Quality Controller in Lopen is no longer available
Our client in Lopen Head, Somerset is looking for a Quality Controller.
You will be working within the Quality department and closely with the production team in actively instigating, implementing, monitoring and improving the quality systems (ISO 9001:2008, MHRA GMP, FEMAS, NOPS and VMD Category 5).
• QC sampling, HACCP, machine calibrations and homogenisation/cross-contamination checks, raising and aiding in the investigation of non-conformances and complaints etc.
• Inputting all relevant data onto QPulse, Excel, and any other activities relevant to QC.
• Ensuring QC starts and QC ends for Production are completed in a timely manner.
• Carry out spot checks to ensure quality control of in-process goods on all production lines.
• Carry out daily room clean inspections (completing relevant paperwork) and factory hygiene inspections.
• Carrying out quality checks following line clearances. Provide authorisation that machines are ready to be used (machine and room Clean and Clear; calibration of scales and/or metal detector; check weighs on first appropriate number of units etc). Liaise closely with supervisors and staff whose responsibility that machine is.
• Carry out internal audits when requested.
• Sample processing and logging including quarantine release process reporting all quarantine early releases to monthly QA meeting. Organise and send composite sampling to labs (monthly). Record results and check samples have passed.
• Carry out checks or analysis (as appropriate) of raw materials which are due to expire within the next quarter.
• Carry out cross-contamination and homogenisation testing in conjunction with Supervisors.
• Carry out Biotrace swabbing in conjunction with supervisors (as appropriate) on all machines prior to use (as part of machine clean and clear process).
• Carry out glass and hard plastics audits (keeping glass and hard plastics register up to date).
• Notify supervisor when ANY GLASS breakage has occurred and aid in clearing up process to ensure that no contamination may have occurred (complete appropriate form for breakages.
• Ensure fridge is cleaned on regular basis (monthly stock take day).
• Ensure room temperature and humidity records and fridge temperature records are recorded on daily basis.
• Ensure check weighs are calibrated (internal) and manage external calibration (yearly) checks – making sure that external certificates are read in case they have any recommendations.
• Ensure that controlled raw materials are securely packaged.
• Sampling of all controlled raw materials on delivery.
• Ensure Good Inwards forms are correctly completed.
• Enforce (along with supervisors) work wear rules.
• Ensure that all products (intermediate and part finished etc) are labelled.
• Provide second signatures for raw materials on the Works Orders as appropriate.
• Put away/file retained samples
• Provide cover in the absence of the Quality Control Supervisor.
• Carrying out any work which the company may from time to time deem necessary.