The position for Project Controls Manager in Tyne & Wear is no longer available
Project Controls Manager
Our client is a global leader in the design and manufacture of floors, ceilings and cabinets. In 2008, they consolidated net sales totalled approximately $3.4 billion.
Our client operates 37 plants in 10 countries and has approximately 11,700 employees worldwide.
Thorough experience and a high level of proficiency across the full spectrum of capital project management components including:
• Procurement and contract management – contracting strategy, procurement methods for vendor contracts and vendor and contract management practices and processes.
• Scope and change management – how scope and changes to scope are managed, controlled, and approved, including the methods of costing change and analysis of how the changes are monitored against budget.
• Cost management – estimating, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring actual spend against budgets, earned value management methods, cost performance, and payment application approval process.
• Schedule management – control processes and procedures are in place to manage schedule accuracy and completeness, and methods used for progress measurement, and how schedule issues are managed.
• Issue and risk management – including identification, analysis, mitigation planning and monitoring/control, as well as the tools utilized to administer and manage risk.
• Communication and reporting – internal and external communication tools, reports, status updates, project issue tracking, and reporting methods.
• Specific areas of competence include: CPM scheduling, cost control and reporting, cost estimating, scope control, change management and knowledge of common commercial terms found in construction contracts.
• Experience with various large scale engineering construction projects including those in the manufacturing and process sectors.
• Experience with and had responsibility for all aspects of project cost management.
• Experience with and had responsibility for all aspect of project schedule management.
• Experience in developing and implementing cost and schedule controls, risk management controls and project management processes and procedures.
• Experience with the management and administration of various contracting methods and scope change control.
• Experience of conducting project management / business process reviews on major capital construction and identifying steps needed to meet or exceed leading practice.
• Has experience in performing analyses to evaluate potential cost and schedule outcomes, assess potential risks, and develop mitigation strategies improve schedule or cost planning.
• Experience in using Primavera and MS project scheduling software to manage and analyze the reasonableness and integrity of project schedules.
• Knowledge and understanding of common forms of construction contracts, procurement processes, project management tools and procedures, performance metrics and project reporting.
• Thorough knowledge and experience analyzing project risks and managing risks using common industry tools and procedures (i.e. risk registers).