The position for Section Manager in Battersea, Greater London, England is no longer available
G4S is the world's leading international security solutions group. From risk assessment to delivery, we work in partnership with governments, businesses and other organisations to provide integrated solutions to security challenges. Our heritage goes back over a century and, with more than 625,000 employees, we are one of the largest private employers in the world.
They are looking to recruit a Section Manager based in Battersea.
Salary: £30,000 + bonus depending on company performance
Reporting to the Operations Development Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth running of one or more departments to ensure that work is completed to schedule and to company standards. Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the audit trail, ensuring that all monies processed are properly balanced and accounted for at all times and that all movements are correctly recorded. Knowledge of high speed note sorting and flow-line deposit processing is desirable as you will provide a lead in this function on a nightly basis.
• Actively lead and promote improvement activities to generate operational and financial benefits within a 5’s culture
• Carry out staff performance appraisals as per Company procedure
• Manage disciplinary and grievance procedures
• Control and authorise holidays, hours worked and overtime, manage absence
• Plan and manage a shift rota to ensure adequate direct labour is available nightly
• Ensure the balancing of all cash / department work at the close of shift and that correct amounts of money are received
• Ensure all contractual service levels and documentation is met
• Interface with internal and external customers to resolve outstanding service issues, claims, etc.
• Implement and maintain appropriate KPI’s and utilise these to manage the operation
• Carry out staff briefings and contribute or hold nightly service meetings to measure success
• Monitor individual performance targets and coach under achievers
• Ensure equipment and assets utilisation are maximised
• Manage a cross functional team with a diverse skill set for all operational activities
• Ensure a thorough and complete handover between shifts
• Ensure a full audit trail is maintained for all funds processed; investigate breaches of system audit trails and take action within authority limits
• Manages security of close down/opening procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge and experience of modern manufacturing processes (i.e Lean methodologies / six sigma / process mapping)
• Data driven
• Proven people management experience in a fast paced environment
• Able to take a strategic perspective when required
• Proven analytical skills
• Previous experience at planning and organising projects
• Ability to problem solve and make decisions under pressure
• High levels of enthusiasm and drive
• Proven ability to focus on the customer
• Persuasive Communication
• Previous experience working in an environment with machinery
G4S have appointed eSift as their resource partner we are managing this role on their behalf. To apply for this position please click on the "apply now" button below. Your details as submitted by you will only be forwarded in relation to this vacancy, by submitting your CV to us you are giving us express consent to provide our client with your full details if we believe your skills and experience meets with our client’s criteria and/or need.