The position for Senior Sales Executive in North West is no longer available
Senior Sales Executive
Senior Sales Executive
£35,000 - £37,000
A Fantastic SENIOR SALES opportunity as a SENIOR SALES EXECUTIVE / REGIONAL SALES MANAGER has arisen to work for one of the largest and rapidly expanding Global Logistics Company on their specialist UK Domestic Pallets and Groupage division. The division offers a superior quality all-in-one groupage service for a wide range of shipments: from general cargo both palletized and non-palletized up to crates, barrels, outsized cargo and dangerous goods (ADR).
THE ROLE WILL BE NORTH WEST BASED
- Existing customers within the portfolio are to be actively managed, which will include monthly visits/telephone calls depending on the need at the time.
- To ensure all price increases are agreed and implemented by the allotted time and that there is no material impact on the level of business the client do for said customer.
- It is the responsibility of each RSM to ensure that a consistent mix of new business is brought on ranging from minimum spend accounts through to accounts that spend in excess of £500k per annum
- Each RSM will have responsibility for developing traffic in core depots, but they must ensure that the smaller satellite depots also receive new clients.
- Quarterly reviews will happen with line management to understand the targeting of each of the areas and the success of said plans
- Each RSM needs to work alongside the Freight operational structure developing relationships and devising strategies together with each of the depot management teams to meet the strategic aims of the business
- To respond to Tenders as and when allocated on, a postcode basis, by the Tender Co-ordinator. This will include Tenders received from GCS and Key Accounts from Europe, tenders from other parts of the organisation such as Supply Chain and self generated tenders
- To build and develop a full sales pipeline from both ‘internal’ leads, and ‘external’ self-generated leads, producing a continuous flow of new business for the pallet network in line with departmental targets, and across assigned coverage area
The role will cover a territory of the NORTH WEST and other areas within the North including Manchester, Liverpool, Lancashire (Bolton, Preston, Bury, Burnley etc) Cumbria, Yorkshire and the North East. You will be expected to stand on your own feet, use your own initiative, work closely with the branches and operations teams and a strong character with the ability to self manage.
- Proven track record of success selling Freight groupage products with documentary support
- Comprehensive understanding of the Freight groupage market
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office products
- Analytical skills to be able to manipulate data in a detailed fashion so that the relevant profiling/costing tools can be utilised to their fullest extent.
In addition, must be able to demonstrate an ability to interpret data so that all assumptions made have a solid basis
- Time management skills that display the ability to ensure all of the above requirements will be met
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate a capacity for building strong and lasting relationships
- Good negotiating skills - Dealing with both internal and external customers and ensuring that the companies best interests are at the forefront of any negotiations
- The desire to make the role and the Freight Business Unit successful
Upto £37,000 basic salary
Fully expensed BMW
25 Days holiday
Pension after 3 months
To apply please use the ‘Apply’ link within this advert and your CV will be forwarded to a Freight Personnel consultant automatically.