The position for Sales Engineer in Northern UK is no longer available
Our Client is looking for a Sales Engineer, they are a market leader in the machine tooling industry. The company we are representing sells ultra precision cutting tools, drilling systems and boring solutions. This organisation is trying to expand its customer base in the aerospace, automotive, and oil & gas sector. They sell into a vast range of blue chip businesses that include Nissan, GE and Toyota as well as through a distribution network.
This company offers exciting routes for progression, you will be joining a multi-million pound group that has been established for over 40 years. They Offer a ‘laid back atmosphere’ with genuine investment in their employees. If you are looking to develop your career and skill level then this is the company for you.
· You will need experience and knowledge of the machine tooling industry as you will be driving the business forward as one of the Sales Engineers.
· Specific knowledge of selling through a distribution sales network is hugely advantageous.
· You will need experience of generating new business as the target for this role will be £450000 per annum.
· Technical ability and a technical understanding of machine tooling/ machine applications is extremely advantageous and favourable.
· You will be looking to grow your area turnover by 6%-8% year on year
· The company we are representing do not micromanage their sales force; they expect their sales force to be in front of customers and hit their targets.
· Candidates are expected to have a professional manor to maximise your chance of getting repeat business.
· You will be expected to achieve an agreed sales budget and make regular sales visits to Customers as necessary.
· Your duties will include preparation of sales forecasts, reports and pricing etc.
· A candidate is expected to provide direction as well as oversee preparation and delivery of customer proposals / quotations.
· A pro-active business development background is essential for all our sales engineers.
· It is expected that you will have experience in pricing & contract negotiations.
· The sucessful candidate needs a good understanding of general business, sales procedures and good computer skills.
· Candidates need to be able to work and resolve problems on their own initiative.
It is essential that candidates have evidence of sales achievment as well as strong interpersonal skills and experience in communicating at highest level.