The position for Analytical Chemist in Petersfield is no longer available
£20-22K plus Benefits
A vacancy has arisen for an Analytical Chemist working in the QA Department, reporting to the QA Lab Manager.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Testing actives and preservatives for all stages of manufacture against specification.
- Interpreting analytical data and releasing products
- ensure testing and equipment in the analytical lab is in line with corporate standards of customer service (internal & external), quality, safety & regulatory compliance
- Support production with timely decisions ensuring quality is not compromised.
- Leading and facilitating effective problem solving.
- Implementing and verifying new methods from R&D as required
- Performing basic troubleshooting and maintenance on all analytical instruments and Arranging engineer call-outs when required
- The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry.
- min. 3 years experience in HPLC/ GC
- Experience of World Class Manufacturing techniques and methodologies including: problem solving.
- physical/wet chemistry experience in industry
- To succeed in the role you need to have strong communication, presentation and influencing skills, good interpersonal and team skills, be self-driven, the ability to manage multiple priorities, to work under pressure and to have the flexibility to deal with changing deadlines. Good knowledge of Word and Excel are essential.