The position for Analytical Chemist - Lubricants, Hampshire in Hampshire is no longer available
Analytical Chemist - Lubricants, Hampshire
Andrew Bolton at CK Science is currently recruiting for an Analytical Chemist to join a world leading Chemical Testing Laboratory at their state-of-the-art site in Hampshire on a full time, permanent basis.
As an Analytical Chemist, you will be responsible for carrying out Oil Conditioning Monitoring (OCM) testing of lubricants & other petroleum based chemicals / oils used on ships and offshore equipment & systems. Your duties will include:
- Carrying out analytical testing using techniques such as viscosity, metal concentration, ICP, acidity, nitrogen & water content and particle size analysis.
- Analysis of OCM data & writing of technical reports.
- Liaising with customers laboratory & engineering teams worldwide to co-ordinate testing and report results.
As an Analytical Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills & experience:
- A qualification in Chemistry or a related discipline (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated experience in an analytical chemist / testing function gained within a Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil & Gas or related industry.
The following skills & experience is advantageous but it is not essential:
- Knowledge of lubricants / lubricating oils.
- Experience in a customer facing laboratory.
- Mechanical skills / experience.
As an Analytical Chemist, you will be joining a Chemical Testing Laboratory who provides services to world leading organisations within the Chemical, Transport and related industries. In return they offer a salary of between £20,000 - £28,000 depending on experience, coupled with excellent benefits and on-the-job training.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from uswithin 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST24119 in all correspondence.
Keywords: science jobs, analytical chemist, lubricants, chemical, oil, testing, Hampshire, Andrew Bolton