The position for Service Design Specialist - Strategy/Policy Integration in London is no longer available
Service Design Specialist - Strategy/Policy Integration
Capita are currently recruiting for Service Design Specialists to be based in London working for one of our Central Government clients. The role of the Strategy/Policy Integration Team is to ensure that strategy and policy design of the programme fully reflects the delivery principles and to work though strategy/policy issues to reach agreement on the optimum design from a policy and delivery perspective. A key task is for the team to support the links between the different policy areas relating to the programme and the broader design process.
This post is not focused on IT Service Design, it will also incorporate telephony and face to face service design, as well as interactions with other government departments/Local Authorities.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Identification and management of outstanding or new strategy/policy issues that affect the service design
* Close working with policy colleagues to ensure that delivery principles are fully reflected in policy design and that design development remains true to policy intent
* Inputting to policy submissions
* Preparing advice to Ministers
* Working with a wide range of Policy, Strategy, IT, and delivery stakeholders to ensure delivery issues and principles are understood
* Ability to quickly understanding of wide range of policy issues
* Service design experience, particularly with a focus on the customer experience
* Experience of working in a policy or implementation field
* Potential to work with ministers and special advisers
* Parliamentary Question handling experience
* Negotiation and influencing skills
* Stakeholder and relationship management skills
* Policy/strategy development skills
* Issue resolution/mitigation skills
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (including drafting and briefing skills)
* Project management and facilitation skills
Please note that the successful candidates will be required to undergo Baseline Standard Security Checks, these are at a cost of £25.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.