The position for Personal Audio Solutions (PAS) Engineering Manager in York is no longer available
Personal Audio Solutions (PAS) Engineering Manager
Our client are a major provider of defence communication systems in the UK and internationally. They currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced electronics engineering manager in their York offices.
Purpose of Job;
- Reporting to the Head of Engineering and leading the engineering team at York, the Engineering Manager is responsible for managing the engineering resource to support the business in delivering projects on time and within budget.
The purpose and responsibilities of the role are clearly scoped within the context of the engineering work that will be undertaken within the Personal Audio Solutions sub-segment, specifically the engineering associated with analogue and mixed signal based technologies. Essentially, this will be the development of legacy audio ancillary products. Engineering associated with digital (DSP) technology and larger systems, typically new product, will be managed from elsewhere in the business depending on the specific skill set required.
Support the Personal Audio Solutions Business Segment delivering business parameters in line with budgeted targets. This engineering role will work closely with engineers and specialists from other disciplines, both in the Personal Audio Solutions Sub Segment and across the wider business.
The Engineering Manager (EM) is responsible for:
· All engineering outcomes on projects, with a strong emphasis on time, cost and quality factors. The EM is a Control Account Manager and must manage the applied engineering resources.
· Owning the Engineering Management Plans, including:-
o Infeeds to EMP - specifically for Management & Control (MAC) and Configuration & Data
o Management (CDM)
o Engineering Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
o Engineering schedule
o Engineering cost plan (non-recurring)
o Resourcing plan (both short and long term)
o Ensuring in feeds from Engineering Authority are defined
· Managing and controlling project engineering, including:
o Milestone / task and line management of the in-house multi-disciplinary engineering team.
o Balancing application of time, cost and applied resource in accordance with agreed project Plans, budgets and business priorities.
o Reporting on progress
o Generation of forward load / resource demand and regularly notifying this to the Engineering Resource Manager.
o Management of engineering risks and opportunities.
o Configuration Management Governance.
o Supporting customer and supplier interactions, generally lead by the Project Manager as appropriate.
· Responsible for LUP Adherence and Governance including:
o Promotion of and compliance with Engineering Governance.
o Development of Group Engineering Processes and Tools within the LUP.
o Delegation of Project Engineering Managers.
· Mentor responsibilities (Performance, reporting, career development) for all engineering staff.
· Support to Bids and Proposals.
- Educated to Degree Level with a good pass in electronics or physics based degree (Or with equivalent relevant experience)
Prior experience required
- Previous experience of Managing and leading multi-skilled teams.
- Sound understanding of engineering lifecycles and processes
- Previous exposure to Project Management and Business Management activities.
- A good understanding of the Personal Audio Solutions products and experience of Selex Elsag business
- A good understanding of the LUP Process, goals and implementation.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.