The position for Project Manager in City of London is no longer available
Our Client are currently looking for a Project Manager to work on a contract initially through until the end of March 2012. This role is based in Central London with occasional national travel required. This is an immediate requirement.
This role will be responsible for strategic and operational management for a major area of activity. We are looking for someone who has experience working within the health industry and specific knowledge of mental/physical health would be advantageous. The successful candidate will be required to project manage the work, ensure that the project progresses in line with the timescale for this work set out in the Project Plan.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
To initiate the new projects required to expand the Programme. The post holder is expected to manage this workstream on behalf of the central team.
*For each area of work produce a detailed project initiation document to include: Objectives of the project: Method of approach; Scope of project (defined by initial stakeholder meeting); Exclusions; Deliverables, Constraints and Interfaces
*To use Prince 2 methodology to effectively manage the project to ensure that quality products are produced in line with key milestones
*Working with colleagues from the Workforce Project to develop the Competency Framework for existing staff in each area and curricula and training materials for the evidence based interventions
*Make arrangements to test and pilot the feasibility of the delivery models
*To establish & maintain productive business relationships with internal colleagues
Skills/ Experience Required
* Project Management expertise
*Must have exprience of working in Public Health
* Working knowledge of developing innovative services
* Appropriate practical knowledge of management and leadership in the programme area
* Demonstrable understanding of research methodology
* Excellent/high level oral and written communication skills to enable effective communication on a wide range of issues to a diverse audience
* Excellent/high level interpersonal skills
* A capacity for innovative and creative thinking
* An ability to develop strong and positive relationships with people from other organisations (national, regional and local)
* Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people, including senior managers, professionals and users of services.
* Ability to present information in a range of formats, ensuring attention to detail and accuracy, using specialist software and the use of plain English.
* Ability to work independently, with minimal support and to be able to interpret policy at national, regional and local levels.
* Able to work effectively alone under high pressure of workload, deal with competing demands from internal and external sources
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo a Basic Security Check, which is at a cost of £25
This role is paying up to £340 per day, Umbrella or LTD company basis.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.