The position for Principles Signalling Designer in Birmingham is no longer available
Principles Signalling Designer
Signalling Principles Design Engineer responsible for the Production of detailed signalling designs and calculations within an implementation project, signalling renewals or signalling amendments resultant from other Railway asset renewals. Mentor junior designers and review designs produced by them under your mentorship.
* Produce detailed principles signalling design as directed by the design management.
* Assist the signalling design management with planning, project programmes and associated time and resource estimates and skills requirements.
* Provide technical guidance for the production of detailed signalling design. Assist with reviewing progress of junior staff.
* Able to work under nominal supervision for the majority of the work
* Make sure that satisfactory resolutions of technical queries and project anomalies are achieved.
* Implement the design scope, certifying that the designers working under your guidance understand the project requirements.
* Assist with risk assessments and analysis using the appropriate tools and methods required.
* Reports to team leader, project manager, and ultimately the Group leader.
* Working as part of a team comprising designers, engineers and technicians, or leading a number of Assistant Signalling Designers and more junior technical staff with signalling design input to smaller signalling and railway projects.
* Appropriate HND or Higher qualification.
* IRSE licence Signalling Principles Designer category 1.1.550 and ideally Signalling design verifier 1.1.160
* Ideally, an associate member of the IRSE and an Incorporated Engineer.
* Substantial hands-on experience of Production of outline and detailed signalling designs and calculations. Other railway design experience within the rail industry will also be necessary.
* Good Experience in the use of signalling software packages (Plans, Gwire, etc) will be necessary.
* Basic management responsibilities for some activities within a small team or project.
* Good underpinning knowledge of signalling design principles, standards, components, and fabrication methods.
* Experience of signalling construction methods and installation.
* Good knowledge of RRI or Mechanical or SSI systems, ideally all three. Good Knowledge of the design of other systems or Data Prep would be an advantage.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.