The position for Programme Advisor (Travel/Volunteering Industry) in West Sussex is no longer available
Programme Advisor (Travel/Volunteering Industry)
Are you well travelled? Do you have proven travel industry experience? Superb opportunity to join a renowned organisation responsible for recruiting staff to work and live abroad! This exciting role involves responding to sales enquiries and travelling to Schools and Universities to develop business and meet with perspective clients. If you wish to share your passion for travel and work within a varied role please read on!
As a leading player within the Voluntary overseas work industry, my client has offices all over the world and is presently seeking to recruit 1-2 Sales Coordinators/Manager.
My client is privately owned and has an excellent reputation within its niche field. As a valued member of the team the role will involve answering enquiries and sales from perspective volunteers seeking work or internships worldwide across fields such as social care, teaching, medicine and work experience. The role is varied will and will also involve visiting schools and universities on a regular basis within term times, this will involve talking about destinations and the type of work on offer, with the intention of signing up volunteers to work abroad.
- Acting as part of the Sales & Marketing Team you will recruit volunteers from the UK to work in various worldwide destinations and respond to enquiries by phone and email.
- Visiting schools and universities within the UK to meet with parents, teachers and potential volunteers
- Writing copy for the website and e-newsletters
- Helping to develop volunteer programmes worldwide
- Able to install a sense of urgency and an excellent understanding of the sales process
- Ideally a Graduate
- Able to drive with a clean licence and travel throughout the UK regularly during term times
- Excellent written and spoke English
- Experience within sales ideally with a travel focus
- Ability to deal with people of all ages in a professional manner
- A real passion for travel and ideally experience of volunteer work abroad (Gap Year) or extensive independent travel abroad
- The ability to commit to working Mon - Fri with occasional weekend work
Excellent Salary dependent on skills & experience
The role is based in lovely offices situated on the West Sussex Coast.
If you are well travelled and looking to share your passion within a varied role that encompasses sales and relationship building within a fantastic company please call Garry at Travel Trade Recruitment on 0207 347 5060 or email