The position for Head of Human Resources in Newcastle upon Tyne is no longer available
Head of Human Resources
A national supplier of metering and related field services is seeking a Head of Human Resources to join their expanding team in Newcastle. They are the largest provider of meter reading services and has the largest market share in the UK. Their 2,500 employees collect, monitor, store and assess millions of individual units of information for major utility companies every month.
As a Head of HR you will:
• Develop and implement an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the business plan. Ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur.
• Be responsible for senior level decision making and both day to day management and strategic direction of the organisation.
• Provide information and reports on data such as headcounts, staff turnover, absence, ER activity, etc.
• Provide advice on and administer maternity and paternity leave cases. Responsible for resource planning for maternity re-joiners.
• Conduct training needs analysis and designs and implement a training plan with input from business heads. Manage costs to budget.
• Ensure all staff receive appraisals in accordance with company policy and monitor probationary periods.
• Ensure all Job Descriptions are kept up to date, create new JDs as and when necessary.
• Deal with any performance or grievance issues in a legally compliant and professional way, including Employment Tribunals.
• Monitor sickness absence.
• Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant.
• Provide day to day advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, remuneration, ER activity etc.
• Review all employee salaries and make recommendations for pay rises in consultation with dept heads and trade unions. Implement any increases and promotions.
• Maintain a succession plan for all departments.
• Be involved in all redundancy consultations.
The ideal Head of HR will hold the following skills and experiences:
• Previous experience of managing a Human Resources team with the ability to influence senior managers, build strong commercial relationships and drive an HR strategy. Comfortable working in a standalone environment.
• Ability to establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with department managers. Demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas.
• Ability to recognise the value and responsibility of working in a team, actively supports and develops team members, quick to identify and problem solve any issues.
• Act as a role model for the organization looks beyond own team as a role model and source of knowledge. Works with others in a collaborative and solutions focused manner to achieve win-win outcomes.
• Demonstrate an understanding of personalities and behavioural styles in order to work collaboratively with a variety of people and to make informed decision around resourcing, reporting structures and relationships.
• Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common sense approach.
• Able to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach.
You must be willing to travel as this role will cover various contracts across the UK. In return you will receive a competitive salary, company car or allowance, bonus and access to a contributory company pension scheme.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.