The position for Proposal Manager in Slough is no longer available
Job Title: Proposal Manager
Duration: 6 Months
Pay rate: £500 - £600 / Day
We are looking for a Proposal Manager to work for a large Telecommunications Company, based in Slough and Rugby.
The Proposal Manager will co-ordinate the end-to-end proposal campaign. Responsibilities include introduction and enforcement of all necessary proposal procedures and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to demanding deadlines.
The Proposal Manager must be highly organised and an excellent communicator. He/she should be comfortable managing a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, and gaining their commitment to deliver to agreed timescales. He/she must also be flexible enough to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
1. Working with the Bid Team Manager to create cross-functional (and often virtual) project teams, as required, to ensure timely and comprehensive input from specialist departments throughout the bid.
2. Producing project plans and related documentation using existing templates and processes.
3. Anticipating potential issues and continually re-prioritising project activities to ensure that critical tasks are delivered on time.
4. Where required, participate in the writing of specific sections of bid responses
5. Ensuring that completed bids are submitted to the customer on time and in the required format, often using online eProcurement solutions and tender management portals.
6. Contributing to the development and continuous improvement of Bid Team processes by leading and participating in critiquing sessions, project evaluations and 'lessons learned' reviews.
Experience and Skills Required:
5-7 years+ experience in the compilation and production of proposals within a complex bid environment.
Candidates will have experience in the co-ordination of large bid teams and bid activities in line with customer timelines.
* Demonstrable evidence of high level business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills
* Experiences in the Shipley Proposal Management process desirable
* Advanced MS Word skills & proficient in MS Office.
* SANT / Pragmatech / Proposal Software (or similar) experience
* Ideally degree educated and accredited to APMP Foundation Level.
* 5-7 years experience in proposal/bid environment