The position for Quantity Surveyor in Cambridgeshire is no longer available
With a new 5 year contract and extension opportunities, leading Civil Engineering Contractor are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to deliver the commercial function of a water civil engineering contract valued at circa £12m/yr.
You will work as directed by the Programme Area Commercial Manager ensuring that all operations are carried out to control costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety. In addition you will work closely within the project teams liaising with the Project Managers, TDM's, procurement buyers, procurement schedulers, planners and site managers.
You will also be expected to challenge and recommend actions to achieve and improve efficiencies, and create an environment of outperformance
Your previous experience and job role will cover:
- Provide an estimating service and / or assist the programme area estimator for additional and varied works including solution cost analysis and transfer of data to CCMS and home organisation commercial plans
- Work closely with the Procurement Scheduler to ensure timely delivery of materials and services in line with solution cost allowances
- Ensure that all project team members (including site staff) understand the contractual arrangements, in order to satisfy partner organisation and client requirements
- Embrace the use of CCMS within a water civil engineering environment in order to comply with integrated project cost management and purchase to pay, and ensure the project teams operate CCMS correctly and effectively for both project cost management and purchase to pay.
Suitable applicants must be:
- Degree / HND in related Engineering or Commercial discipline or equivalent by experience
If you match the criteria as set out and have experience of working within the Water Civil Engineering AMP contract environment we are interested in hearing from you.
To apply please send your CV
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.