The position for Assistant Purchasing Manager - understanding of the Supply Chain funct in Hampshire is no longer available
Assistant Purchasing Manager - understanding of the Supply Chain funct
Assistant Purchasing Manager - understanding of the Supply Chain function - experience of Avionics, Defence or Electronics/Electromechanical industries - CIPS - MRP I & MRPII systems - degree qualified - based Fareham, Hampshire - salary £40 - £45K
We are looking for an Assistant Purchasing Manager who has a good understanding of the Supply Chain function and experience of the Avionics, Defence or Electronics/Electromechanical industries
Candidates for the position of Assistant Purchasing Manager should be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a related subject and CIPS qualified or willing to become CIPS qualified with and understanding of the business operation and the role of Purchasing and of the importance of satisfying internal Customers
You should be able to demonstrate an understanding of priorities and manage work in accordance with this and be able to demonstrate progress through Supplier Management.
Extensive experience of using an MRP I & MRPII systems and how to optimise the systems to suit differing business models will be required from the Assistant Purchasing Manager as will the ability to manage Suppliers, communicate effectively with contacts and demonstrate a working knowledge of Export requirements
You should be able to work on a number of projects at the same time, have experience of lean manufacturing techniques and be experienced in negotiating the use of resources with other departments and complex terms and conditions with suppliers.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager and taking responsibility for Assistant Buyers, the role of Assistant Purchasing Manager will be to fully support the Purchasing Manager and team in achieving Business objectives and to deputise for the Purchasing Manager when required
Day to day duties will include:
1. Assisting the Purchasing Manager in the formulation and maintenance of purchasing processes.
2. Taking responsibility for the Production and development of department KPIs
3. Taking responsibility for Indirect Procurement and interfacing with Group Procurement for Group negotiated deals.
4. Supporting the Buyers with resolution of shortages impacting Sales output.
5. Participating in Inventory reduction activities such as implementation of Consignment stock.
6. Advising, coaching or mentoring the Buyers re New Product Introduction.
7. Attending IMTs and providing advice, coach or mentoring to the buying team.
8. Taking part in Supplier Improvement activities
9. Liaising with the Commercial department re completion of Repairs costing processes.
10. Managing and driving day-to-day HR issues including recruitment,
11. Generating and maintaining high morale, staff development and succession plans
All candidates for the position of Assistant Purchasing Manager should have a current driving licence and be able to undertake travel both UK and overseas
OTJ specialises in engineering and engineering related positions. We are currently looking for Project Managers and Engineers, designers, draughts people, Mechanical, electrical and Electronics Design engineers and draughts people, service engineers, sales engineers, avionics engineers and buyers
All candidates should have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK
This vacancy is advertised by Otj Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised are those of an employment agency