The position for Department Manager- Ladieswear in New Malden is no longer available
Department Manager- Ladieswear
Matalan are currently looking for an experienced Retail Department Manager to join their team in New Malden. As a Retail Department Manager, you will be fully responsible for the delivery of all KPI’s within your appointed sales department and the achievement of consistently high standards of delivery using all available resources in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Your key responsibilities will include:
· Responsible for protecting the Customer Journey whilst duty managing, prioritising and co-ordinating the store objectives to maximise the customer experience
· Responsible for the effective opening and closing routine of the store to the required company standard
· Daily coaching of colleagues to maximise impact at department level and developing all employees to deliver world class service through role modeling behaviour
· Ensure customers receive outstanding value by role modeling and creating a world class shopping environment by interacting with and valuing customers
· Reacts to all customer feedback and following up actions within the department on a daily basis
· Delivers friendly, knowledgeable and efficient service within the department including sight lines, sizing and one to one customer interaction
· Implement company visual guidelines, layouts and timescales within your department and ensuring clear sight lines and clear navigation throughout the department
· Recruit great colleagues in line with company Branch Master Schedule requirements and support the maintenance of the BMS in line with store Recommended Contract Position ensuring appropriate resource for the department
· Manage department colleague’s appraisals and reviews, Performance Management and handle all relevant HR issues in a timely manner in accordance with company policies and procedures
· Daily maintenance of stockroom standards and disciplines and maintain availability at no less than 95% daily for the appointed department
· Conduct daily floor walks generating positive sale driving actions and coach colleagues around conversion, basket drivers and profit optimisation
Our Retail Department Managers come from a range of retail backgrounds meaning we welcome applications from all candidates with at least 1 year retail management experience with a high volume, fast paced retailer. Successful candidates will have a proven record of delivering results through the coaching and development of a team. Experience in the fashion retail sector is preferred but not essential
The customer always comes first at Matalan; our Retail Department Managers have excellent customer service skills and expect high standards of customer interaction from their team. Their knowledge of the retail sector, and particularly their own departments, is first class and they deliver excitement to the customer shopping experience with their visual merchandising and POS schemes.
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate these skills and prove to us that you’ve got what it takes to be a success at Matalan.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.