The position for Technical Support Consultant in Cambridge,, Cambridgeshire is no longer available
Technical Support Consultant
Our client, based in Cambridge is seeking a Technical Support Consultant to answer queries from technical users via phone and email,
Supporting our client's desktop and web tools, you will answer queries from the technical users via phone and email. Given the nature of the tools, there is only a small volume of support queries but each of these will be fairly technical. You will provide constructive and added value advice: guiding users to the information they want, helping them make sense of their data and educating them on how our software can help them.
In addition to software support, you will be joining a team that is responsible for face to face training, distributing software updates and handling licensing enquiries. The role will involve a limited amount of international travel.
You will need excellent communication skills, a strong engineering, scientific or mathematical background and a proven ability to learn quickly on the job. Previous experience in a support, programming, technical authoring or software testing role is beneficial but not essential. For example a bright and enthusiastic fresh graduate would be welcome with some teaching or customer facing experience.
Essential Skills Required
* Proven ability to learn new subjects quickly and in depth
* Strong engineering, scientific or mathematical background
* Some teaching or customer facing experience
* Strong written and spoken technical communications skills
* Experience dealing with technical qualities and explaining complex technical issues
* Proven ability to understand and explain complex technical topics
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
* Previous experience in a support, programming, technical authoring or software testing role