The position for Parts and Accessories Buyer in Portsmouth is no longer available
Parts and Accessories Buyer
Vane have a brilliant opportunity for an experienced 'Parts and Accessories Buyer'.
It is essential for this role that you have the relevant experience within 'Parts and Accessories, be it bikes, cycles, motorcycles even.
- To oversee & drive all aspects of a specified product category to exceed sales & profit targets set by territory.
- Manage the product range portfolio to provide a well structured customer centric range for each target customer segment.
- Manage the price position of the range by territory to be in line with the commercial pricing strategy.
- Manage the supplier relationship to ensure they are advantaged in the market place through improved trading terms, stock availability, 1st to market & product exclusivities.
- Manage a rolling 3/6/12 month trading activity planner covering discounts, promotional/spot buys, new range launches, key seasonal trends all linking into the company media plan.
- Support the supply chain function to ensure appropriate stock levels for each product category to support planned future demand or manage excess stocks.
- Take part in key projects to improve the day to day operation of the department
- Any other ad hoc
- Commercially driven with an appetite to drive a business unit and deliver a strong financial return
- Be customer centric and passionate about delivering to a targeted audience
- Demonstrate a proven track record of strong negotiation skills who uses multiply techniques depending on the situation
- Ability to identify new trends and maximise opportunity
- Ability to lead and line manager and ‘take others with you’.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a fast past office environment as part of a professional team
- Ability to manage and coordinate changing priorities, understand ‘what good looks like’, and capable of multi tasking
- Confident decision maker with the ability to nail actions and get stuff done
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication skills and liaise with all members of the business including Senior Managers and Directors
- Ability to be flexible with work duties and hours as required by the team and business, and able to attend other sites for which travel may be required
Salary £35k, hours Mon to Fri. Amazing opportunity for a an experienced person.