The position for Production Planner in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England is no longer available
Taylors of Harrogate is major player in the £1.3bn UK Tea and Coffee Market. Sustained investment in our enviable portfolio of brands has resulted in the business doubling in size over the last 10 years. Our flagship Yorkshire Tea brand is worth over £70m making it the 3rd largest tea brand in the UK and Taylors coffee is now the number one brand in Roast and Ground Coffee.
We are looking for a Production Planner to join our Planning team. The main focuses of this role is on creating production plans in order to achieve high customer satisfaction and maintaining optimum stock levels.
Key elements of this role will involve:
• Creating effective production plans
• Converting sales forecast into production demand and highlighting capacity issues
• Project work involving new software and ERP system and continuous improvement
• Working closely with production, sales and buying teams
• Technical skills/ experience required:
• Whilst previous planning experience is not essential a strong interest in manufacturing and OEE's is a must
• Strong IT skills, specifically MS excel
• An understanding of internal and external supply chain pressures and experience with ERP systems would be desirable
• Core competencies in this role include:
• Clear and concise communication
• Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
• Working well under pressure and time constraints, remaining calm and productive at busy time
• Working well in cross functional teams
• Willingness to 'pitch in' during very busy periods
• Ability to work under own initiative and manage workload
We aim to conduct interviews in the next 2-3 weeks at our manufacturing site in Harrogate where this role will be based.
Harrogate is commutable from places such as Ripon, Wetherby, Pool, Otley, Leeds, Shipley, York, Keighley, Tadcaster, Garforth, Ilkley & Bingley. For this role you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and the opportunity to work for a market leading brand. Apply now to be part of our team.