The position for Assistant Buyer in Peterborough is no longer available
This company is one of the largest TV home shopping channels in the U.K, broadcasting to more than 23 million households. They pride themselves in offering high quality products at affordable prices.
The business is rapidly expanding and is aiming to double their turnover within the next few years. They are currently looking for a Assistant buyer to join their exciting craft department..
The company is located within a beautiful, historic city just an hours drive from London. They provide an excellent work-life balance as well as fantastic benefits. The company encourages learning and development and will give you the tools for continual growth.
You will be responsible for the following;
- Assist the Buyer in delivering the budgeted sales and margin targets for the category
- Assist the Buyer in creation and maintenance of the range plans
- Demonstrate a clear and thorough understanding of the customer proposition and market place and seek to improve categories role and contribution.
- Understand Cost of Goods and net profitability of the category and seek to identify proactive ways of enhancing net contribution.
- Work with the Buyer in developing supplier relationships
- Prepare information for product ranges/selection meetings, gather customer, supplier and competitor information, request product samples or information, competitive shopping reports and prepare product direction boards.
- Provide product information and analysis as requested by the Buyer.
- Assist the Buyer in the development, management and motivation of the Buying Assistant.
- Pro actively liaise with the merchandising team to ensure the delivery of stock and sales targets.
- Responsible for all post-selection administration and follow-up including file maintenance.
- Administrative and clerical responsibilities associated with resolving queries from internal and external customers of the department.
- Update systems to ensure that product range information is keyed on time and accuracy is maintained.
- Work with Merchandising to ensure stock levels are in line with budget.
- You will need to have strong communication, excellent negotiation and influencing skills and work well under pressure.
If you would like to apply for the role please do so immediately.