The position for Solutions Architect, Yeovil, Somerset in Yeovil is no longer available
Solutions Architect, Yeovil, Somerset
Reporting to the Business Change Team Manager, You will be part of a team acting at the forefront of the Business Change programme. You will use your initiative and drive to assist in the implementation of solutions to the specific needs of our various business channels (Web, Contact Centre, Trade Counter POS) primarily using the ATG Commerce and CSC platforms. You will work closely with Business stakeholders as a partner, translating Business needs into effective technical solutions using several core technologies (Web applications from ATG and others, and related technologies like Java, J2EE, EJB, JSP, Oracle, SQL, SOA, HTML, XML, UML) and hand off to delivery teams providing guidance and consultancy. Scalable, complex, transactional Websites will be created quickly by leveraging commercial tools. As an Architect you should have strong experience of the retail domain with broad business knowledge and experience of Solution/Software architecture and Service Orientated Architecture (SOA).
Responsibilities will include:
* Developing broad knowledge of systems
* Breakdown of business initiatives into solutions across systems
* Work collaboratively with Technical Architects
* Identify options, costs, issues and risks for business stakeholders and make recommendations
* Design solutions and assist in implementing solutions.
* Assist in analysing client processes through needs analysis and recommending new business models, workflows, or innovative solutions.
* Suggest innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology to provide marketing differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experiences.
* Write documentation for requirements analysis, design specifications, deployment guides, test plans, or project workplans.
* Implement all required architecture governance
* Develop and document customizations to commercial products to meet the Business Requirements including Object Oriented Design (UML), database changes, screen changes, security definition, BPM Process Flows, and custom documentation.
* Mentoring and guiding less experienced technical resources
* Engender a culture of genuine partnership between the business and business change stakeholders, supporting their needs to achieve commercial goals
Skills & Experience
* Business Process Analysis and BPM Modelling
* Good Communication Skills, both written and verbal
* Able to facilitate and present in front of audiences of both Technical and Business People
* Show strong stakeholder relationship skills
* UML (Enterprise Architect or similar UML Tooling)
* Ability to provide leadership and build strong relations with the engineering community as they move to using technical architects
* Ability to multi task
* ATG (Web Framework, CSC, Fulfilment, BCC)
* Experience of being a Senior Architect on multiple significant business change project is essential, preferably in a fast changing and growing retail business.
* Experience with eCommerce platforms including: Search Engines (ideally Fred Hopper), BazaarVoice, Certona, Forums.
* Experience of Service Oriented Architectures (Governance, Service Lifecycle, WSDL First Definition, WSDL /XSD Design)
* Experience with designing and developing using Oracle or other (DB2, Informix, Sybase, SQL Server) databases
* Strong experience of involvement in multiple .com roll-outs
* Experience of Agile Methodologies / Iterative Development (XP, Scrum, DSDM)
* Retail Knowledge / Background
* Directory services/security (LDAP, Active Directory) a plus.
* Coding languages and environments including but not limited to Java, J2EE (preferably BEA WebLogic) , EJB, JSP, JMS, XML, HTML, Unix/Windows systems administration, Oracle.
* Familiarity with Unix, Windows system configuration (networking, file systems, registry settings, Scripting) or Network configuration (TCP/IP, Web Servers, Firewalls, security).
Problem Solving - Understands problems both broadly and in depth; takes a multi-dimensional approach to problem solving, focussing on the important issues and establishing priorities; sought out by others for advice and solutions; uses a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement to find logical business solutions
Decision making - Makes high quality decisions by taking a balanced view of the situation, evaluating all relevant information and reaching a logical conclusion; understands the implications and potential impact of decisions; takes ownership and follows through
Interpersonal Effectiveness - Is able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and to influence the views of others through effective persuasion; fosters positive and productive working relationships collaboratively; is able to negotiate one to one or in a group to achieve successful outcomes; influences and engages with those more senior so that a positive outcome is achieved
Commitment to results - Works in a focused, committed and purposeful way, overcoming obstacles to deliver high quality results
Research and analysis - Undertakes research to the level required for a specific task; understands current and future needs by analysing and interpreting relevant information; reviews, evaluates and applies to business requirements; is able to understand and analyse large amounts of data; is able to extract the pertinent information, whilst ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
Functional Expertise - Displays a level of technical functional or professional knowledge and expertise in own field and constantly updates knowledge to ensure expertise remains relevant.